Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sleep

I love naps. I have always loved naps. I have always been good at taking naps. During my days as an auditor, I was known to take 4 hour naps on a Sunday.

These days, however, my love of naps has taken on a whole new meaning. Not only do I love the quietness of when both boys zonk out for a nap (like they are doing right now), but I cherish the days when I find time to nap with them. Sleep, I find, is like chocolate for me -- something I can never truly get enough of.

With that in mind, I have been doing some research on how to get the boys to sleep through the night. I've read books and asked a lot of moms their tricks and have come to the conclusion that there is no easy answer ot magic trick. Last week, after reading Baby Wise, I told Jack we were going to let them cry it out this week starting tonight in order to miss the 3am feeding (they say it only takes 3 - 5 days for them to make it a habit)... but now I desparately want to back out. I just can't stand the sound of my babies' cries. I'm their mom! All they want is to eat! Do I really just say no? Mean mommy!

So ... we'll see what happens tonight. I have very low expectations for myself -- if I give in, OK; if I hold firm, fine. We'll get there eventually one way or another, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment