Saturday, March 17, 2012

Big Deal

Happy birthday to my dad who turned 60 years old yesterday!  That's kind of a big deal!  My mom said it best: he may be a guy with a few quirks (his notorious vices include chocolate milk, Grandma VL chocolate chip cookies, Bill Knapps Celebration cakes, orange juice and Mountain Dew) but he's always been a loving father and grandfather to us kids and our kids.  He's the dad who was at almost every one of my (and all my siblings') MANY sporting events.  He's the dad who helped me with random geometry problems when I was studying for my GMAT (his mind is like a steel trap when it comes to math).  He's the dad who made me laugh when I was walking down the aisle to marry Jack.  He's the dad who always woke up from a dead sleep if I just stood in the doorway of his room (all just so I could tell him I couldn't sleep).  I love you dad -- you're a big deal to me.

And congratulations to my oldest nephew, Tony, who starred in the Hudsonville Christian eighth grade play this week (he was Robin Hood in a play called "The Trials of Robin Hood").  That's kind of a big deal!  He managed to memorize over 200 lines on top of school, sports, and the many many other things he is involved with.  And did I mention he was AMAZING?!  I can hardly believe he is almost in high school (I remember I was in high school with his dad as my Bible teacher when he was born -- all well before I even knew of Jack), but he is becoming such a wonderful Christian young man (MAN?!  what happened to boy?!).  Way to go Tony!  YOU were a big deal today and I was so proud to be your auntie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment