Monday, August 2, 2010

Camp VanderLugt 2010



Camp VanderLugt 2010 is officially history. This year, our travels took us to a new cottage near Fremont at Crystal Lake. The cottage was huge, the weather was awesome, the water was warm (but a little sea-weedy), and the company was fantastic. We went tubing, made tie-dyed shirts and took a family picture, had lots of campfires, ate smores, and played lots of games with the kids. I would say fun was had by all ... except for maybe my boys. They were pretty much awful all week. For the month prior to the cottage, the boys had been sleeping quite consistently from 8pm to 7am (which was awesome). This, however, was not at all the case at the cottage. They were pretty much up on and off all night, every night ... which lead to crappy naps and crabby babies (and tired parents). Argh. We do have great pictures though from the happier moments. I think I mentioned this before (see Mytrle Beach post) but vacations just aren't the same with kids! :)




In other news, the boys are crazy crawling all over the place now. They chase after each other through the house and it's quite hilarious. They also both sit up on their own (finally) and pull themselves up to their feet on couches, people, etc. They even both climbed their first step (they love to play on our hard wooden steps/ floor -- needless to say, there have been a few head clunks). When I finally catch a good video, I'll be sure to post it!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Crazy crawling babies. We need to have a play date soon. I think Amy is going to have one next week. I can't wait to see them crawling.

    Polly's sleep schedule changes so much when we're at the cottage too...she goes to bed about two hours later than normal and wakes up two hours earlier...and I stay up later and find myself very sleepy by the end of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete