Sunday, August 26, 2012

Normalcy

Some days, I get really frustrated by the twins' skin / allergies.  When I see my little boys itching uncontrollably, it's exhausting and hard to watch (partially, because I know the feeling so well myself, and partially because I know they are miserable).  When we go to birthday parties, other peoples' houses, or a church ice cream social (like tonight), I am frustrated that they can't participate like a normal kid in the tasty treats and I hope that some day they too can be normal. 

Despite my frustrations, I am thankful.  A little perspective (I KNOW things could be much, much worse) and a little contentedness -- not just in regards to my kids -- goes a long way to change my attitude.  Often, it's a conscious decision to focus on the wonderful things God has given me (our family) rather than the things I'd change.

Here are a few reminders I took recently of my kids being "normal".

Ty licking frosting off the beaters (made with soy butter, crisco, and rice milk)

Sam licking frosting off the beaters

Sam & Ty snacking on animal crackers on the step

Good times outside with 2 water hoses, 2 buckets and 2 boys

Daddy & Lucas

Mommy & her boys

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! This makes me anxious for the picture blog... :) (No pressure!)

    ReplyDelete