Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's New ...

I never quite know what to say when people ask "What's new?" ... but here's what I've got:

The boys are healthy and growing. At their doctor visit last week, Tyler weighed in at 20lbs 12oz and 30in long, Sam at 17lbs 4oz and 29in long. That puts Ty in the 150% for height, 95%for weight; Sam in the 100% for height, 50% for weight.

They are both close to crawling (see last post) and while they are thankfully not yet, they do certainly roll all over the place and really can't be left alone for too long. We're still working on sitting up though.

The other thing we are working on this week is sleep. You may recall we tried letting them cry at around 4 months with some success. Well, they gradually reverted to waking up in the middle of the night again and the doc said it was high time to stop getting up (clearly they don't need to eat). They must have been listening (or more likley fighting off the shots) because they slept two nights in a row all on their own. Last night, however, it took a good hour of bloody murder for them to fall back asleep. That was fun. We're also working on naps ... also lots of fun.

Food has become more and more of an adventure. They love oatmeal, bananas, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, and pears. Squash and green beans aren't such a hit right now but we have more of that in the freezer so we'll try those again soon. Babies eat so healthy! I find myself wishing I had someone to limit my food choices to milk, oatmeal, fruits and vegetables!

Other than that, we've had some good play dates and are looking forward to days at the Lamer's pool. Jack and I had a great night out watching The Law last week -- way overdue. We're praying hard for a successful heart procedure for my mom this week Thursday. I had a few interviews last week but no jobs came of it (I think I'm more relieved than anything) and we're looking forward to a week of fun at a cottage with my family in July. That's pretty much what's new!


1 comment:

  1. Cute new pictures! Hope we can make the trip to the pool this week!

    ReplyDelete