Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012: Part I & II

Christmas with the extended Ploegs and Christmas with "just us" Ploegs is in the history books.  And while I love Christmas -- for the blessing of Christ, family, fun and festivities -- I'm ready shut the door on this part of Christmas 2012.  We have been battling sickness as a family since before Thanksgiving and for Christmas this year, Santa brought us 3 ear infections (one each), 3 sinus infections, and at least one (but probably 3) cases of croup for the boys.  Merry Christmas!  Needless to say, they were less than their cute and cuddly, funny and lovable selves. Sure, there were moments of sweetness, moments of joy, moments of fun ... but overall, it could have been better.  I say this, not for sympathy, not to focus on the crummy, but I guess so that 1) I remember that they weren't always healthy (because in general they ARE healthy), 2) I can laugh about it later?  Anyway, here are some outtakes from the festivities:

Christmas 2012 at the Ploegs
Presents!

Daddy & sleepy Lukie

Christmas at home: Lukie and a fun box

Christmas at home: Toolboxes for the Twins!
In other news, 1) antibiotics are amazing and 2) snow!  Sam & Tyler have been talking about snow for weeks (ever since the first dusting of snow) and are so pumped that it has finally arrived. 

Snow Angel Tyler
Snow Angel Sam


Our First Snowman!

Our new sled -- with daddy

My sweet Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment